Even as my dear* friend, Faniyan Moyinoluwalogo Mercy, remembers her last days as a Serving Corper and her exit from Oyo state, Nigeria. She could vividly remember the sermon preached by a respected man of God on her last Sunday there. It was really the word she needed at that time and she gladly shares it here with all of us.
Faniyan Speaks: The following are life lessons that I know that anyone that wants to succeed in life should be aware of;
1. Discipline of Faith: the scripture emphasizes that what we hear plays an important role in our faith life. (Romans 10:17). The discipline of faith involves:
(a) absolute trust in God (2Cor.9:8)
(b) the faithfulness of God to bless the works of our hands.
(c) the desire of God for men to come to a place where men can live beyond their consumption.
(d) the Lord taking care of you even in your non-working years, Even when you are not in production, God has made provisions for you beyond your earnings. Although this is not a license for laziness.
2. Discipline of Saving: A nation should be savings conscious (Prov.21:20), that is, preservation consciousness. Whatsoever you have, learn to always save out of it, as you know that money has wings and it can fly. Every man should have some knowledge of financial intelligence.
3. Discipline of Contentment: the ability to look and say I’m not there yet but, I will soon be there (Philippians 4:11-13). Learning to WAIT for things to come at the right time. Be content with where you are on the way to where you are going because when you reach where you are going, you will always miss where you were (1 Timothy 6:6-7)
4. Discipline of Work: WORK! WORK!! WORK!!! This cannot but be over emphasized (Prov. 10:4). The first choice option of any great man should not be to beg but to work. Diligence, hardwork and consistency should be the watchword of a potentially great man.
5. Discipline of Rest: As much as work is very important, rest is equally of great importance. Don’t take LEAVE from work to WORK, take it to REST. After God worked for six days, He rested on the seventh day. Allow the body to repair itself, it is self-built to repair but that’s only possible if you rest well.
6. Discipline of Worship: Worship is an integral part of the life of a man, when you miss worship, you miss an integral part of your life. All directions come from the altar. The altar is the place of worship, where you die daily to the flesh, where you obtain strength, instructions and guidance. Also Learn to worship God at every seasons of your life. This is because the God of the mountain times is still the God of the valley times. Ecclesiastes 12:1 ‘Honour and enjoy your creator while you are still young, before the years take their toll and your vigour wanes’
7. Discipline of Giving: For you to have abundance in your cottage, ALWAYS GIVE. Know that as long as the heaven and earth exist, seed-time and harvest will never cease. Apply these disciplines and your success is assured.
Always Keep CLIMB (Changing Little Into MegaBucks) Alive.
Have a terrific week ahead. Cheers 🙂 and much Love.