Just as one person can do it wrong & get us in all the trouble, likewise, another person can do it right and get us out of all trouble & more than just getting us out of trouble, give us wholesome lives.
Don’t wait to be called to volunteer, volunteer and wait to be called. There are differences to be made in every home, street, city, nation. etc
Giving ourselves to a just cause, no matter how big or small, drives our empathy, passion and love. Some of the advantages of volunteering include personal and career development, international and community development, networking, capacity expansion and many more…
You can join people of like minds to make a difference in our world. Few of the numerous voluntary service organizations across the globe include:
1. Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO): founded in 1958 and is the world’s leading independent international development organization that offers volunteers the opportunity to work with local partners to work on Health, Education, Secure Livelihood, Technology etc.
2. United Nations Volunteer Program: sends experienced professionals from almost any field to every region on earth. Volunteers receive various grants and stipends that vary in amount. Most appointments are for 2 years and have some other 6-months or year-long options.
3. Peace Corps: the classic all expenses paid volunteer option, they offer two-year appointments, mostly in Africa, Asia and South America as well as modest stipends. It is open to all ages. Volunteers work with the government, school, NGO, business, technology etc
4. Restless development: a youth-led development agency, founded in 1985 by Jim Cogan. Its mission is to place young people at the forefront of change and development. They work to bring young people to the decision-making table across three global areas; civic participation, livelihood and employment, sexual and reproductive health and rights.
5. Global Volunteer Network: has sent 19300 volunteers abroad and they have changed many communities for the better. Today, they have over 93 projects in 19 countries on 5 continents.
Kofi Anan said, ‘let us remember the large numbers of citizen who day in day out, through acts of volunteerism large and small, bring hope to so many of the world’s disadvantaged. Let us ensure that this wonderful resource available in abundance to every nation is recognised and supported as it works towards a more prosperous and peaceful world’.
Always Remember to keep CLIMB (Changing Little Into Mega Bucks) Alive.
Cheers and Much Love.